Sometimes, you may experience slow internet speeds from your Internet Service Provider( ISP ), even though, you have FUP or your speed is high. This is usual problem experienced by every user. So, how to get rid of this slow speed problem? The main thing on which internet speed depends is the DNS – Domain Naming System. Anyways, here I am not going to explain about DNS. Search on Google to learn about it. By default, your ISP provides default DNS servers to propagate the internet. But these default DNS servers are too slow and you cannot get full speed experience when using this default DNS. In order to get fast web browsing experience, you can change default DNS settings to Google DNS settings or some other custom DNS settings.
All I want to tell is, if you change DNS to Google DNS, you will get the maximum internet speed provided by your ISP. Here is the tutorial to change DNS to Google DNS which work on windows versions XP/7/8/8.1/10.
How to change DNS to Google DNS in Windows 10 for full speed internet
- First thing, you have to do is, locate network connection icon on right side of task bar. It may be Wired or Wireless.
- Right click on the icon and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Here you can view your Active networks. Click on the connection name. You will get a popup window showing the status of network.
- Locate Properties on the window and click on that. Another window will be opening showing the properties of network.
- Scroll down. Now you will be able to see Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) settings. Double click on that.
- IPv4 properties window will be opened. Switch Obtain DNS server address automatically to Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Now enter Preferred DNS Server : 184.108.40.206
- And Alternate DNS Server : 220.127.116.11
- Click OK and restart your connection. Note that the settings for one connection will not effect other connection. Means, if you change DNS to Google DNS for Wi-Fi, it will not effect on Ethernet/LAN.
This tutorial works well in all other Windows versions also. Change DNS to Google DNS servers and experience full internet speed of your ISP.