Hello android buddies, Here is an exciting article for u people. Here I am going to explain you how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update on Android One devices using update zip files. This tutorial is applicable for all Android One devices which includes Karbonn Sparkle V, Micromax Canvas A1 AQ4051, and Spice Dream Uno. Are you excited? OK, lets move on to the tutorial.
Downloads required to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Android One.
Before getting this update, you need to download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA(Over The Air) update zip file for your device. Here I am providing the OTA update zip file for Android One devices Karbonn Sparkle V, Micromax Canvas A1 AQ4051, and Spice Dream Uno.
Download the update files which are in zip format.
Prerequisites to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Android One :
- Make sure your phone is running stock android ROM with stock recovery installed.
- Before you proceed, full charge your android device otherwise you may experience shutdown while updating.
- And the most important thing you should do is the backup. Just backup your data and app settings before installing the update.
- Make sure your device is running latest android update.
Steps to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update on Android One devices.
- First download official Android 6.0 OTA update zip file from the above links.
- Now connect the device to PC using USB cable.
- Copy and paste the zip file in the SD Card root location in your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from PC and boot into recovery mode. Here is how you have to proceed.
- Press and hold both the Volume and the Power buttons until the display turns on and enters bootloader mode. Hit the volume button to open the Recovery menu and then press the power button to select it. Your phone now boots into recovery mode. A dead Android with an exclamation mark should appear on the screen. Now press and hold Power button for few seconds and then hit the Volume up button once to get into recovery mode.
- Choose “Install update from SD card”.
- Use the volume buttons for navigation and select the zip file to install the update. Once you select the update and install, the install will begin.
- Once installation is done, now boot into your newly installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update.
- Have fun using Android 6.0 marshmallow.