Chances are, most of your customers have mobile devices and use them on a regular basis. In fact, up to 79 percent of consumers admit to relying on SMS opt-in to assist them in making purchase decision while shopping. Because consumers have these devices on hand at all times, they make the perfect marketing channel. Using mobile marketing, you can make instantaneous connections with consumers, encouraging them to not only engage with your brand but also to make a purchase. However, without the right tools, mobile marketing can be resource intensive. Fortunately, you can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of this strategy with mobile marketing automation.
What is Mobile Marketing Automation?
The term “mobile marketing automation” refers to the use of advanced software programs to automate various mobile marketing processes that would normally be performed by hand. Examples of processes that may be automated include data collection and analysis, customer segmentation and distribution of marketing content.
Marketing automation offers several benefits for brands, including:
- Fewer resources expended – Mobile marketing automation software allows your brand to accomplish a variety of tasks automatically. Because you will no longer need to rely on your staff members to perform these tasks manually, you will save both time and money.
- Increased efficiency – Mobile marketing automation increases the efficiency of your campaign, allowing you to collect and analyze data, develop campaigns and distribute materials faster. Mobile marketing automation also frees up your employees’ time, allowing them to focus on other tasks.
- Expanded audience – Because most or all of your mobile marketing processes are automated, your brand is able to reach a larger audience without expending additional resources.
- Increased accuracy – When tasks are automated, the risk of human error is lower. For example, when your brand sends a mass text message, the use of marketing automation will decrease the likelihood of incorrect phone numbers. These programs can also be used to keep track of consumers who have opted in or out of the program, thus ensuring that your brand doesn’t send messages to the wrong people.
- Improved data collection and analysis – Mobile marketing automation software can collect and process significant amounts of data. In addition, these software programs can analyze data to provide your brand with valuable, actionable insights.
How to Get Started with Mobile Marketing Automation
Ready to get started with mobile marketing automation? Follow these tips.
Develop a solid mobile marketing strategy:
Mobile marketing automation won’t improve your ROI if you don’t have a solid mobile marketing strategy in place. Before you invest in mobile marketing automation software, take the time to develop a comprehensive mobile marketing strategy that includes clear performance goals and complements your other marketing methods.
Choose the right software program:
Evaluate different software programs to find the one that is right for your brand. Remember to choose a software program that offers more than just basic texting services. To get the most possible benefit out of mobile marketing automation, you need a software program that provides a variety of tools you can use to reach consumers via mobile, as well as a solid customer support system.
Put the program to work.
Once you have chosen the right mobile marketing automation software program, you must learn how to use it. Spend some time getting to know the program and conduct some experiments before you put it into practice. If necessary, train your employees to use the program before it goes live.
Utilize customer support.
Using a new mobile marketing automation program can be challenging. Make use of your program’s customer support services whenever you have questions or concerns about the software. Provide your employees with customer support’s contact information and encourage them to make use of this service as often as necessary. Although it may be intimidating at first, mobile marketing automation can dramatically improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your mobile marketing campaigns, allowing you to engage more consumers and boost your ROI. Start incorporating this new technology into your mobile marketing campaigns today.
Sophorn is an inbound marketer specializing in attracting targeted visitors and generating sales qualified leads. Through Trumpia’s mass text messaging automation solution he helps businesses and organizations communicate effectively with their customers or members. Watch Trumpia’s 5-Minute Demo on how to execute an effective mobile marketing strategy.