Is your Lumia bricked? There can be any reason for bricking Lumia such as while downgrading Lumia, when failed in exploring something new with Lumia. Some developers and geeks face this Lumia brick issue as they try to explore more core Lumia. Some people go to service centers to get unbricked their bricked Lumia. They will say it will cost some bucks. But people who are reading this article never go for service center with Lumia bricked issue. In this article I am going to show you how to unbrick Lumia(Any Lumia). Here I am going to unbrick Lumia 520 without any hardware.
Microsoft has already announced an official tool Windows device recovery tool which is useful to downgrade Lumia to Windows Phone 8.1. Not only this, this tool also helps in recovering bricked Lumia device without any hardware. Here we go with the process how to unbrick Lumia(any lumia) without any hardware. This tutorial helps to unbrick lumia in cases like which is completely dead and unresponsive, and to unbrick any lumia which is not vibrating on pressing Power + Volume -.
Unbrick Lumia – Unbrick Any Lumia Complete Dead – No hardware
1) First thing you should do is download Windows Device Recovery Tool and install it on your PC.
2) Download the missing drivers from the link below. These drivers will install while installing WDRT. Ignore this step, if already installed.
3) While downgrading with Windows Device Recovery Tool , a .ffu file is downloaded from server which is the required phone installer. Generally the location will be ” C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\rm-914 ” if your O.S is installed in C drive. The file size is more than 1 GB. If your phone is not detected by WDRT, download the .ffu file manually which is called ROM of your device. You can search for it on Google.
4) Now create a new folder “dump” in C drive if your O.S is in C drive.
5) Now download Hex file for your Lumia. It varies from device to device. You can find the hex file on internet. Place the Hex file in dump folder. Now navigate to WDRT installed folder which is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery Tool”. Scroll down and find thor2.exe file. This file will create 2 GPT files in the dump folder.
6) Now open Command Prompt as administrator and navigate to above path and execute the following command.
thor2 -mode ffureader –ffufile "path" -dump_gpt -filedir C:\dump\ replace path with .ffu file path for example,..., C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\rm914\RM914_3058.50000.1425.0007.ffu
7) Now the above code creates 2 GPT files in dump folder.
8) Now connect your dead bricked Lumia to PC. Now we are going to flash Lumia bootloader. Execute the below command in Command Prompt.
thor2 –mode emergency –hexfile "hex path "–mbnfile "gpt0.bin path" – orig_gpt Hex file path without quotes... Here C:\dump\HEX.hex GPT0.bin path without quotes.... Here C:\dump\GPT0.bin So command is thor2 –mode emergency –hexfile C:\dump\HEX.hex –mbnfile C:\dump\GPT0.bin – orig_gpt
9) Wait for the process to complete. Now boot your Lumia device. Hold Volume Down and Power button at the same time. Your device will boot and stuck at Red Screen.
10) Don’t worry. We have not installed the software yet. Open command prompt and type the below command.
thor2 -mode uefiflash -ffufile "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\rm914\RM914.ffu" replace path with your downloaded .ffu file path.
11) Now the flash begins and completes the process. If the process fails, reinsert the battery and try above step again.
12) Now your phone boots and green screen appears now. Now execute this command in the same command prompt.
thor2 -mode rnd – bootnormalmode
13) You will get a status “Device is already in the normal mode. (NCSd running) ” and exited with success. Your device will boot normally now.
That’s it. Now you have unbrick Lumia in Black Screen Mode. If your phone strucked in Red Screen Mode, proceed from Step 11.
Any problem? Comment below. Helpful? Share the article.