If transferring files is what you do all day, then Xender is made just for people like you. Xender is an ultimate media sending and receiving application which is cross platform, i.e., is available for Android/iOS and also Windows for devices. Therefore, if you have two devices running different operating systems or your friend has an Android device while you own an iPhone and want to transfer files between the two devices, you will face no problem with Xender.
By using Xender, you can transfer files with a super fast speed between devices since it uses Wi-Fi direct technologies instead of Bluetooth or any other medium of transfer. It also means that you will not need to spend your data while using Xender, and therefore you are not spending a single penny in order to use this awesome fast service.
Please note that the Wi-Fi Direct technologies will work only if you are using Xender to transfer between two mobile devices. If you are transferring between a mobile phone and a computer, you will need to have a Wi-Fi dongle or some sort of a receiver in order to transfer the files, or else data charges will be deducted.
How to transfer files with any mobile device with Xender App?
As we talked earlier, Xender is available for all of the popular mobile operating systems in existance, i.e. Android/iOS and Windows Phone OS. Follow the following steps in order to install and use the application Xender correctly on your mobile device.
1. Download and install Xender on your mobile device. Go to Google Play Store/App Store/Windows Store for Android/iOS and Windows Phone OS respectively.
2. For downloading xender go here: http://www.xenderappforpc.com
3. Search for the application called “Xender”, download it and install it.
4. After you download and install the application.
5. Open the application.
If you are on Android, you can use these following steps as well:
- Open your settings.
- Go to Security.
- Head over to “Device Administration” section and enable “Unknown Sources”. You will get a warning, but it’s all right. Just click Ok, and you are set.
- Go to Google.
- Search for “Xender (Latest Version here) APK”.
- Download it and install it.
6. Click on the “+” button on the bottom right hand corner.
7. Click on “Create Group” if you want to create a new group or “Join Group” if a group already exists.
Congrats, you have successfully got Xender installed and learned how to transfer files using Xender. If you are interested in knowing how to transfer applications with lightning speed in mac too, then you should check xender for mac , to download xender on your Mac os device too!
Please note that the features available in iOS and Windows Phone OS is much limited in comparison to those available on Android.
How to transfer files with a computer running a desktop operating system?
Other than the mobile operating systems, each and every desktop operating system is also supported because Xender uses a web based client. Follow the following steps in order to access the same :
1. Open Xender on your mobile device
2. Click on the “+” icon on the bottom right hand corner.
3. Click on “Connect PC”
4. Boot your PC/Machintosh
5. Open up Safari or any other web browser of your choice
6. Type the IP shown in the application into the address/Url bar of your browser, or you can go to web.whatsapp.com and scan the QR code shown there with your phone.
Please note, that you need to be on the same network so that the “IP Address” method works. If you are not on the same Wi-Fi network, you must use the “Web.whatsapp.com” method which will cost your data.
The Application is divided into various tabs including Apps, Camera, Gallery, Music, Videos, Files and Storage so that you can find the file you are looking for very easily. A Record tab is also available in the extreme left which helps to keep a track of the files you received and sent.
Xender is like a must have for each and every Android/iOS/Windows Phone OS devices out there which helps you to transfer files with a blazing fast speed without even spending a penny for the transfer. An awesome application for any Android device, which I would recommend to anyone!